Monday, January 30, 2012

Thing 10

Division Rap These videos are useful to use in my classroom. I love all the rap videos and the kids love watching them. They offer a nice variety to the kids in math class. They are also catchy raps that the kids continue to sing all day long. It is important that they see alternate ways of learning things from other people and other schools. It also gives them ideas on how to learn things in a different way. I downloaded this video using Keepvid. I am hopeful to continue to use these videos with my students on a regular basis.

4 comments:

  1. I went to college with Mr. Duey and he is my neighbor. We should get him to come to our school and introduce our students to "learning through rap." Do you know of any groups that sing educational science songs?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sister gave me a cassette tape (yeah, I know) of a guy that did. I never used it because I only taught science for one year and it was at the end of the year that she gave it to me. I think his first name is Tom....? I don't know. Google it! 8^)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you thought of having students create their own raps? It would take some time, but would be fun to try.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the idea of students (not teachers) creating their own raps! We could have Pete help us with the technicalities and Lee could talk to Mr. Duey.

    ReplyDelete